Sales is one of the most difficult professions for most people. Any good salesperson will tell you that getting leads is the easy part; it’s converting those leads into sales that require talent and lots of practice! It’s hard to hear the word ‘no’ a hundred times a day, and many people get discouraged and quit altogether. It doesn’t have to be that way, though. Here are 10 tips that can help you convert more leads into sales, and increase your profits.
1) Learn to Overcome Objections: Understand that objections only mean that your prospect doesn’t understand everything yet. Under that objection is an underlying question.
2) Know Your Product: If you don’t fully understand your product or what it does, how can you convince others? Learn all you can about what you’re selling and be prepared to answer questions.
3) Practice Your Presentation: Before you present to ‘real’ prospects, practice at home in front of your family, or anyone who will listen. Ask them for honest feedback, and tweak your presentation accordingly.
4) Follow Up: More sales happen in the follow up stage than in any stage in the sales process. Call your prospect a day or two after your presentation and ask them if they are ready to make a decision.
5) Learn From Those Who Tell You No: For those sales that just don’t happen, ask your prospects for feedback about why they chose not to do business with you. You can take that constructive criticism and learn from it so you don’t make the same mistake again.
6) Cold Calling Can Be Fun: Have all of your materials close by before you start making calls, and then just start calling! Know that you’re going to hear a lot more ‘no’ responses than ‘yes’ responses. Go with the flow and don’t take yourself too seriously.
7) Learn to Listen: There is a reason we have two ears and one mouth; listen twice as much as you speak. Give your prospect the respect they deserve and listen to their questions, concerns and thoughts. This will give you great insight as to what they really want.
8) Ask for Referrals: Sometimes people just don’t need or want what you have to offer and that’s ok; be sure to ask if they know of someone who might benefit from your product. Try and get at least two names; this will keep your prospecting funnel filled.
9) Ask for the Sale: Many people make the mistake of thinking that after their presentation their prospects are going to jump across the table and say ‘yes I want to buy.’ That never happens! You must ask for the sale – straight up, no dodging the question. Be direct, sincere and firm.
10) Prospect, Prospect, Prospect: Always be on the lookout for people who may benefit from your products. Have cards or brochures ready to hand out and don’t be afraid to tell people what it is you do. Don’t be afraid to pick up the phone and call people; if they are not ready to buy ask if you can contact them in a few months to see if their situation has changed. Without leads and prospects, you have no business!
Will these tips help you with converting more leads into sales?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Credit – Converting More Leads Into Sales